We at The Gadget Helpline get hundreds of calls a week from frustrated customers looking for support and help with their Gadgets and electronic goods, so we thought we would share some of our help to the world.
Today we have received a call where one of our dedicated agents provided support on the Sony Playstation 3 and Restoring the Playstation 3 System. For this our agent used:
Query: Customer wanted to restore it all back to as if it come out the box.
Device: Sony Playstation 3 and Restoring
Article Category: System Settings
Guide: Restore PS3 System
Delete all hard disk content and restore the system software to its default settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform this operation. After the operation has been completed, the initial setup screen will be displayed. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation.
From the home screen:
- Scroll left/right to Settings.
- Scroll up/down to System Settings and press the X button.
- Scroll up/down to Restore PS3 System and press the X button.
- Scroll left/right to select Yes and then press the X button.
- You will now have the following options:
- Quick Format – The format option will be completed in the shortest amount of time, but the least amount of processing will be done. If a specialised tool is used, it may be possible for some deleted data to be restored.
- Full Format – All data on the hard disk will be removed.
- Scroll up/down to the desired option and press the X button.
- Confirm the last choice by highlighting Yes and pressing the X button.
Note: The full format will take a while, but will do a better job.
For more help and information on your Gadget then sign up to a free 30 day trial for the Gadget Helpline and get in contact with one of our agents on 08444 772 994 or click HERE>>.