After what has seemed like an age, the number one social network Facebook has finally announced that the official app for the Apple iPad is here and ready to be downloaded.
In an official statement, the company announced that Facebook would be coming to the iPad and iPad 2 as a part of a new software update to the existing iPhone app.
A New Way to Experience Facebook
– Enjoy bigger, better photos: Your photos take on new life on the iPad. They’re big, high-res and easy to flip through—like a real photo album.
– Focus on what matters: With less on the screen, it’s easier to zoom in on your friends’ photos, updates and stories.
– Navigate anywhere, fast: Just tap, slide or pinch to get from one screen to another and back again in no time.
– Never lose your place: Use simplified navigation to send a message, see your notifications or browse your bookmarks without switching screens.
– Play games on the go: Play your favorite Facebook games wherever you are, and on a bigger screen.
– Tap to send messages: A simple dropdown menu makes it easy to scan and send messages without visiting your inbox.
Fans of the Apple tablet have been pining for an official Facebook app ever since the original was released back in April of 2010. Mark Zuckerberg and co. have always promised that an app would arrive, though delays have constantly pushed back an official release.
We were expecting to hear the official release of the Facebook app last week at Apple’s ‘Let’s Talk iPhone’ event, though nothing surfaced.
Facebook for the iPad is now available to download completely free from the Apple App Store.