After the immense failure of the Playstation Network and subsequent controversies, a cash-strapped Sony has to make amends, using the only thing it has that won’t cost it that much money: downloadable content and games.
In a two-part outing designed to restore faith in the service and wrangle some consumer forgiveness, the Japanese corporation is offering mega-treats for Playstation Plus subscribers.
If you are a Playstation Plus Subscriber you may claim:
- Full Game Trial: EA Sports MMA Live
- DLC: MAG Escalation Mission Pack.
- Theme: Ore Static
- Theme: MotorStorm Apocalypse – Tyler Dynamic.
- Store Discount: Smash Cars, Worms and Cubixx.
On June 7, when E3 begins:
- Full Game – Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
- DLC – Qore June Episode 37 – Single Episode,
- DLC – Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2011,
- Theme – Flamingo Fun Static
- Theme – inFamous 2 Dynamic.
Sony is also offering three free games for a limited time on top of these:
- Comet Crash,
- Oddworld Abe’s Exodus
- Vector TD PlayStation minis.
Check out the PlayStation Blog for the full list of compensatory-we-are-Sony-and-we-are-sorry swag.