For those of us in the Android user community who are fed up with the unnecessary bloatware that comes chained to almost every Android phone we could purchase, there may be a solution!
Yes, to many of those pesky pre-installed apps that can be loaded by either the devices manufacturer or the network provider selling the product… Sometimes, even both, your days are numbered.
With pleasure, allow me to introduce the Debloater program by XDA member Gatesjunior (v3.9) – The app that allows you to remove all carrier/manufacturer bloat without rooting your device.
So, with great power comes great responsibility. Please be aware that the Debloater app is neither an official solution from Google’s Android team nor any particular brand or network carrier. The app is just a software that was created by a genius developer, and, because of this fact, you should be warned that you agree to try this program at your own risk. Any modifications or redistributions of the Debloater would require permission from the developer.
The Debloater was mainly created to “block or disable apps on devices through the command line and or shell,” says the developer. As there is no rooting involved, few requirements needs to be complied with like granting access to a Windows Operating System, manufacturer USB drivers installed, Android KitKat or above, and USB Debugging turned on for your device.
Here is the complete list of what Debloater does:
• Block or Disable applications on your device
• UnBlock or Enable applications on your device
• Allow UnBlock or Enable all applications at once on your device
• Allows filtering of the displayed packages for quicker decision making
• Allows exporting your blocked or unblocked listing to a file (Right click on Read Device Packages after list is loaded)
• Allows importing your blocked, or someone else’s, listing (Right click on Read Device Packages after list is loaded)
• Allows complete removal of application(s) if you have root (It will back-up the original folder structure and ask you, just in case you need to restore the application(s) back to your device).
To summarize; this program will disable or block third-party apps or system files that are not necessary on your device. It can read everything in real-time or directly from a device.
So, if you want a clean device, all you to need to do is go to the xda-developers forum and download the Debloater app for Windows. You can read further about how to install it on the XDA Forums here.