Activision has officially confirmed the previously leaked information which showed that the first DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, entitled Revolution, would be released for the Xbox 360 at the end of January.
The pack, which was previously leaked by some promotional posters, will bring four new multiplayer maps as well as an all-new Zombie map and a new gun. The pack will cost gamers 1200 Microsoft Points (roughly £10), or if you have signed up to the Black Ops 2 Season Pass the you will get the pack automatically.
The maps are:
- Downhill – Set in the ski country of the French Alps, where players fight their way down the slopes and through a ski lodge, while avoiding the moving hazards of the mountain’s gondola system
- Hydro – Set in a hydroelectric dam facility in Pakistan, filled with treacherous spillways
- Mirage – Set in a dilapidated luxury resort in the sandstorm-devastated Gobi Desert, where a range of long-distance and close-quarters combat will mix up the action for all play styles
- Grind – Set in California’s Venice Beach, where they will battle it out through the ramps and half-pipes of this massive, epic skate park in a multiplayer environment comprised of unique curved architecture requiring players to adapt and learn new ways to take cover
- * Zombie Map * Die Rise – Which will take place inside a series of collapsed skyscrapers towering over the remains of an obliterated Chinese city
Downloaders will also get access to the SMG called “the Peacekeeper”, which will come with a range of new weapon challenges for additional XP. Finally, a new game mode called Turned is also included, allowing players to finally compete against each other as zombies.
There is still no news on when the Revolution DLC will hit the Sony PlayStation 3 and Wii U but normally there is a exclusivity deal with the Xbox 360 for around 30 days. The Revolution DLC will be released on Xbox 360 on the 29th of January 2013.
Check out the full trailer below: