Gamers who are keen to play Destiny today will be in for a bit of a shock as yesterday Bungie outlined some scheduled downtime for the First person shooter for today, October the 7th. Bungie have announced that an upgrade will be taking place at approximately 7AM Pacific time on Tuesday, which is roughly 3pm for us folks in the UK.
See also: Destiny Biggest UK Game Launch Ever
Bungie say the break in service will be for essential maintenance and will improve the technology that enables players to connect to Destiny. The player experience will remain unchanged, aside from the stability for some users who have encountered issues connecting to servers.
Destiny will be updated again tomorrow to improve services. The fix will interrupt the game for a few hours. http://t.co/9V3ALYlMJk
— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) October 6, 2014
This means that Destiny will be offline for “several hours” with no set end time in place. Basically users on any console will be unable to play the game during that time.
The full list of fixes are:
- Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
- Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
- Improved logging of player disconnections
- Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
- Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons
- Security fixes
- Server performance improvements
- Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
- Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
- Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters
Hopefully Bungie can get the game patch up as soon as possible, but leave a comment below to let us know if you are having issues after a few hours of the update happening.