PS3 users around the world are no doubt rejoicing at the fact that the PlayStation Network has made its way back online.
Now I’m sure you’ll remember Sony mentioning a “Welcome Back” program as an apology for what has happened over the last few weeks. Well, information from the official PlayStation blog suggests that this will include some free games for both the PSP and also the PS3.
Sony is obviously pinning its hopes that this offer will allow you to forgive and forget the fact that you had your personal data stolen, and you’ve been without online gaming for the past few weeks – but will you be impressed with what they’ve got to offer?
So if you’re a PS3 owner in Europe, you’ll be able to pick two free games from the following:
- Wipeout HD/Fury
- Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
- Dead Nation*
Or if you’re a PSP owner, you can choose two games from the following:
- LittleBigPlanet PSP
- ModNation PSP
- Pursuit Force
- Killzone Liberation*
In addition, Sony is also offering:
- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non-PS Plus subscribers*
- Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will be given 60 days free subscription.
- For existing Music Unlimited subscribers, you will be given 30 days free subscription.
- Sony has also said they are working on a Welcome Back pack for PlayStation Home and will communicate that when it is confirmed.
Sony has said that once they get the PlayStation Store back online, which they said will be be a little while longer yet, you’ll then be able to take up the offer they have made.
Let us know your thoughts on the “Welcome Back” program by sending us your comments below, or tweet us instead if you prefer @Gadget_Helpline